Sunday, August 8, 2010

No Worries

Quick update in case the last post left anyone worried.

I have found a place to stay! Not only that, but I *LOVE* it. I may never come back. (just kidding, just kidding). The place is owned by an artist. He has a hostel, a restaurant and an art gallery. And I absolutely love his work. All three places are covered in it. I got the blue room. Muralled up in swirls and dolphins and sea turtles. His style is totally Dali meets tribal meets SE Asia and I'm in heaven. My room is really nice too. Normally I go for the diiiiirt cheapest. Which usually means shared bunks, no AC, and a gross, shared bathroom down the hall with a non flush toliet and cold shower. Here, since I had no choice, I have my own room, with a queen sized bed, AC and a private full bathroom. Granted the water was still cold, but who cares.

Good thing too. After I walked around the palace grounds for a few hours I was totally exhausted. Went back to the hostel in the afternoon and slept half the day. Feeling much better now.

I booked the room for 3 nights. I love Yogy and its in the heart of Java so it makes for good day trips. Then I'm doing a two day trek to Mt Bromo, then heading to Surabaya, from which I will fly to Malaysia.

It's going to be a busy week.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you found a nice place to stay.
    You should really make your experience into a book, a little travelling book fills with photos to share with young people.

    ReplyDelete